The Avett Brothers have released over ten albums with their first big-label produced album, I and Love and You released in June of 2009.
BeginningsScott and Seth Avett were the founding members of the rock band Nemo. In 2000 the brothers began experimenting with their now-famous acoustic sound and released the self-titled album "The Avett Bros.". Shortly after, Nemo disbanded and the Avett Brothers continued on releasing 11 more albums before signing with the American Recordings/Columbia Records label in 2008 to release 2009's "I and Love and You".
Band MembersScott Avett
Vocals, Banjo, Percussion
Scott Avett is both a performing and a visual artist. He began painting in 1999 under the direction of professor and mentor, Leland Wallin and in 2002 he opened an art gallery in Concord.
Vocals, Guitar, Percussion
The youngest Avett, Seth Avett primarily plays the guitar but also plays drums and piano. Seth Avett has released three albums under the alias "Darling", or "Timothy Seth Avett as Darling".
Bob Crawford has been playing stand-up bass for The Avett Brothers since 2002.
- The Avett Bros. (2000)
- Country Was (2002)
- Live at the Double Door Inn (2002)
- A Carolina Jubilee (2003)
- Untitled (2003)
- Swept Away EP (2004)
- Mignonette (2004)
- Live, Vol. 2 (2005)
- Four Thieves Gone: The Robbinsville Sessions (2006)
- The Gleam (2006)
- Emotionalism (2007) U.S. #134
- The Second Gleam[link] (2008) U.S. #82
- I and Love and You - (September 2009)
Local Media CoverageCharlotte magazine
The monthly subscriber magazine with an arts, entertainment and lifestyle focus has been following The Avett Brothers since their career began.
- The Avetts' Arrival (August 2009)
- The Avett Brothers Blow Up (July 2007)
- Avett Brothers Getting Bigger (May 2007)
- Band of Brothers (September 2005)
The free weekly covers Charlotte's arts and entertainment scene.