Sea Life Concord-Charlotte
8111 Concord Mills Parkway
Concord, North Carolina NC 28027
*OPENING February 20, 2014*
Sea Life Charlotte is your newest chance to get up close with the animal kingdom in Charlotte. And this time, it's an amazing underwater world that's waiting to be explored. You'll get astonishingly close views of everything from humble starfish to graceful rays and tropical sharks.
Visitors will experience an amazing underwater 180 degree ocean tunnel, over 20 display tanks and more than 5,000 sea creatures. The Sea Life aquarium is the perfect stop for family fun! You can't get any closer without getting wet!
Here's what the aquarium touts as their most popular attractions: A touch tank that lets you handle a crab, starfish and other shelled creatures, the blacktip reef sharks (among the most popular sharks inhabiting the tropical coral reefs of the Indian and Pacific Oceans), the Giant Pacific Octopus (with arms up to seven feet long), the seahorses and the clownfish (popular thanks to "Finding Nemo").
The aquarium is located in Concord Mills Mall, just outside of Charlotte.
Walk up prices
Adults 13 and over: $21
Children 3 to 12: $17
$16 for adults and children
According to the official Sea Life website, here are just a few of the things you can do at the aquarium.
- See over 5,000 creatures including sharks, seahorses, octopus, jellyfish and rays, swimming in over 150,000 gallons of water
- Watch our fun talks and feed shows throughout the day
- Hold a crab or touch a starfish in our Interactive Touchpool Experience
- Test your creature knowledge; take part in our free kids quiz trail
- Journey through our underwater tunnel as sharks and rays swim overhead
- Check out our children's soft play area
An annual pass is available as well for $50 for adults. A family season pass is $195. In addition to unlimited admission for a year from your purchase date, here's what the pass gets you:
- Unlimited entry to SEA LIFE Charlotte-Concord for 12 months from date of purchase
- Express Entry through Fast-Track line
- E-Newsletters throughout the year
- Enjoy an10% Discount on merchandise in the Gift Shop
- Special Events and onsite exclusives for Annual Pass Holders
There's a lot more to see in Charlotte as far as museums go. Charlotte is home to a variety of museums. You can learn about the history of Charlotte, the history of the South, view historic warplanes, take in artwork from top national and international artists, or visit with eagles, vultures and other birds of prey. Click here for a list of Charlotte's other great museums.
This isn't the only place in Charlotte to see live animals, either! Charlotte doesn't have an official zoo, but there are plenty of great spots around town to visit with the animal kingdom. Plenty of museums have exhibits, there are excellent zoos nearby, and we have an animal rehabilitation facility right here in town. Check out a list of the best places to visit with animals in Charlotte.