This Friday, April 13, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., take a stroll down Tryon St. and Try On Science! Discovery Place will kick off its North Carolina Science Festival events on April 13 with the first-ever "Try On Science", a free science-themed street event with more than 30 demonstrations and activities in the heart of Uptown open to the public. Visitors can wander from station to station and tinker, test and try new ideas while getting a taste of the exciting events planned for the North Carolina Science Festival April 13 to April 29.
Demonstrations will include:
- A Chevy Volt car and charging station from Duke Energy
- A bicycle-powered generator from Siemens
- Color-changing reactions, optical illusions and a solar telescope from UNCC
- A model pressurized water reactor from UNCC-Westinghouse
- Robot demonstrations from Johnson C. Smith University, YETI Robotics and UNCC Stars
- Sample STEM programs from the Girl Scouts, Hornets' Nest Council
- Hands-on demonstrations from Discovery Place staff featuring live exotic and native animals, microscopes, liquid nitrogen, a solar tracker and much more.
Try On Science will take place on Friday, April 13 at the corner of Trade and Tryon Streets in Uptown Charlotte from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.